Silver Creek has a rich history of volunteerism — we were founded by volunteers and 47 years later, they continue to play a strong role in our thriving organization. Volunteers can be found in the classroom, the office, in our newly constructed naturalized playground, and on the Board of Directors.
We are always welcoming volunteer help! Our Volunteer Coordinator is happy to review applications, conduct interviews and show our volunteers the hands-on work that Silver Creek does. We prioritize the needs of our volunteers, as we could not operate without them!
1. You must be 18 years of age
2. You must complete a Vulnerable Sector Police Check
3. Your immunizations must be up to date
4. We request a minimum 10 month commitment to the program
We encourage your support for one morning or afternoon per week in the classroom, the office or helping at one of our fundraising events.
More About Volunteering
Our Volunteer & Post-Secondary Placement Policies
- Volunteers and placement students will not be left alone with a child at anytime
- Vulnerable sector police checks are a requirement to volunteer/work at Silver Creek
- Volunteers and placement students must follow all policies & procedures of Silver Creek
Volunteers Are Back!
Numbers in Brief
- 8 classroom volunteers
- Total of 30hrs/week
- 1 office volunteer
- 10 volunteers on the Board of Directors, minimum of 2.5hrs/month
- Savings of a minimum of $60,000/ year in service costs